Project Support and Administration Position
Crosby Hanna & Associates
April 1, 2019
Project Support and Administration Position:
This full time permanent position will provide support to Crosby Hanna & Associates’ Landscape Architects during project design and construction phases of various landscape projects. This position will allow the team member to be an integral supporting and coordinating influence during all levels of design development and tender and construction administration in various landscape projects. Design support will be a minor role of this position, but a strong understanding of the design and construction processes is an asset for applicants.
Tasks may include, but are not be limited to:
- Supporting Project Landscape Architects throughout the planning, design and construction phases of various landscape projects.
- Assisting with or conducting product research and budgeting exercises
- Preparing or assist with drawings preparation (AutoCAD), presentation renderings (various programs) reports, cost estimates, etc as needed.
- Attending meetings with Project Landscape Architect as requested and organize ongoing communication/collaboration with the project consulting teams, including preparation and issue of meeting correspondence.
- Supporting tender administration tasks, meetings, reviews etc., including preparation of supporting documentation.
- Supporting contract administration tasks, meeting, reviews, site visits, progress claims, regular correspondence, project revisions including the preparation of supporting documentation.
- Assisting with preparation and issue of post-construction documentation.
- Providing various clerical and general office duties, as directed by the Project Landscape Architect or Partner/Office Manager.
Conditions of work: Most work will be within our Saskatoon office location, but applicants will need to have a willingness and ability to travel to and around project sites with a group or alone, if requested. A reliable vehicle for travel and a valid Class 5 driver’s license is required.
We are looking for applicants with strong team working and communication skills, with the ability to self-monitor workload and priorities. Applicants with advanced critical thinking skills and the ability to improve production and efficiencies for their teams in a positive and motivated manner are encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong time management and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and achieve results for multiple projects and changing project needs.
We are looking for applicants with either a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture or related field or Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or related technical field from a recognized post-secondary institution and/or 3 years of experience in professional landscape architecture, landscape architectural technology or related field, or a combination of the above.
Position is available immediately and candidates will be reviewed upon receipt of applications. Start date and compensation will be negotiated with successful applicant.